Legacy Invaders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Majespecter Deck Help

3 posters

Go down

Majespecter Deck Help Empty Majespecter Deck Help

Post by KungFun Thu Nov 12, 2015 5:22 pm

This my majespecter deck I plan to take to devpeo tournaments but I need some help with the side deck.

here is a screen shot of the deck https://2img.net/h/oi64.tinypic.com/jjah4i.jpg and I will list the cards below

2 majespecter-Unicorn-Krim
3 Luster Pendulum,the Darcoslayer
2 trick clown
3 Majespecter Fox-Kyubi
1 Heroic Challenger-Thousand Blades
3 Majespecter crow-Yata
2 Performage Plushfire
3 Majespecter Raccon-Bunbuku
2 Archfiend Eccentrick
3 Majespecter Cat-Nekomata
2 Galaxy Cyclone
1 Raigeki
1 Majespecter Storm
2 terraforming
2 Majespecter Cyclone
1 Chicken Game
2 Majesty's Pegasus
1 Majespecter Tornado
3 Majespecter Tempest
1 solemn warning
1 Dark Rebellion Xyz Dragon
1 Trapeze Magician
1 103
1 101
1 82
1 castel
1 Lighting Chidori
1 Majester Paladin,the Ascending Darcoslayer
1 Daigustio emeral
1 Abyss deweller
1 Cowboy
1 Acid Golem
1 47
1 Ghostrick Alucard
1 Wind up zenmaines

KungFun

Back to top Go down

Majespecter Deck Help Empty Re: Majespecter Deck Help

Post by Zenjirou Thu Nov 12, 2015 7:03 pm

First of all I'll ask, what type of side deck do you want to build for the deck? A side deck is like a main deck. You build them with a strategy in mind. A deck built without a grasped strategy just falls apart. Side decks generally fall into 3 categories, and it so happens that side deck cards by extension fall into these 3 categories. Having all of one category isn't necessarily where you want to go, but narrowing down what you want your side deck to do is a good start.

Chose one of more of the following:

Cover up your deck's weakness: Magespecter's strength is the ability to search often, maintain resources through access to the pendulum zone, and overall make for a good grind deck, which seems what your deck wants to do. The thing here is that your deck is built pretty solidly, but you more than me will know the match ups that hurt your deck the most or are the most difficult. What tactics are the hardest for you to deal with / come back from? What's the most threatening thing your opponent can do or use against you?

Attack the meta's weaknesses: This is basically siding cards to hurt specific decks like Kozmo, the mirror match, or other decks. In short: What decks do you not have main deck answers to / still need to slow down? Side things that accomplish that.

Change the focus of your deck: This is where you would try doing the antiquated trick of siding a different engine into your deck that your opponent won't expect or will need to deal with differently. If your main strategy would lose to mistake, your side strategy either doesn't rely on mistake or has so many ways of answering mistake that the card becomes useless. This is used to punish your opponent for siding cards that specifically hurt your deck and keep them guessing at what tactics you will use. Its a mind game pretty much, and is characterized by requiring you to side numerous (usually 10 or more depending on the size of the engine) cards in and out of the deck between duels.
Zenjirou
Zenjirou
[Staff General - Info and Tech]

https://ntdm.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by KungFun Thu Nov 12, 2015 7:51 pm

If I am honest I really have no idea.

KungFun

Back to top Go down

Post by HeyaGamer Thu Nov 12, 2015 7:58 pm

KungFun wrote:If I am honest I really have no idea.

You got to know the point of your side deck; what it should contain. Having random cards in there i.e. an extra dark hole when you need it will not get you anywhere.

Basically, what are you preventing? That rhetorical question pretty much sums up all you need to figure out how you want to build your side deck. Do you want to fight off pendulums? Do you want to lock down your opponent from using their graveyard (that one is very specific so i hope that wasn't a question you had in mind xD) or what is the PURPOSE behind the use of your side deck.

Answer the first question and get back to us; it is very easy to help when that question is answered Smile
HeyaGamer
HeyaGamer
[Master General]
[Master General]

Back to top Go down

Post by KungFun Thu Nov 12, 2015 8:27 pm

The side deck I want is to shut down the meta decks.

KungFun

Back to top Go down

Post by HeyaGamer Thu Nov 12, 2015 8:32 pm

I can see that. Although, be specific. If not thoroughly specific, at least give us something to go off of xD Side decks can be very broad :3

For example, there are tier 4, 3, 2, and 1 (1 is not worthy of thought), but the rest, i would consider. All i'm saying is that there are many decks that are considered "Meta" or at least depending on your view of the format.

Just try to be at least a bit more specific to what you need to shut down.
HeyaGamer
HeyaGamer
[Master General]
[Master General]

Back to top Go down

Post by KungFun Thu Nov 12, 2015 8:38 pm

Well I want the deck to be able to try and shut down the top 4 decks of the format

KungFun

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenjirou Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:55 pm

Check out this article to get a general idea behind side decking in that fashion. I won't be listing many single cards for the side deck because I'd rather you do the thinking with the actual side deck. What I really want you to grasp here is how to side deck in general since it seems like that is what you need.

Instead of giving you a bunch of fish, I want to teach you how to fish ^^

First of all, you'll have to define the top 4 decks of the format, since this is more or less an undefined format as its right after a ban list that all but killed the old meta. The only survivor was Burning Abyss and they don't look to be fairing too well competitively against things to come.

I'd say the list of top 4 decks is going to consist of Kozmo, variations of magespectres, performapal performage rank 4 spam, and variations of Odd-Eyes Magicians. Burning Abyss isn't even a threat to Magespecters because of their immunity to targeting and destruction, same with Ritual Beasts for a similar reason. Zombie Synchro might see a rebirth and enter the top tier due to new support, but its not looking like anything very huge yet, definitely strong though.

So you're going to want to side against your mirror match (going to be a very awkward duel), performapal / performages, Odd-Eyes Magicians and the feared Kozmo.

Kozmo: You can maintain resources just as well as they can, if not better since you can go + 3 on your first turn easily with a strong open and play disruptively. However, Kozmo can and likely will OTK you if they catch you early game with only one monster on the field they open Farmgirl + E-Tele. To your deck's advantage, they will have dead dark holes and Raigekis game 1. Keep that in mind before you Xyz summon against them. Kozmo likes to run board wipe cards in order to push for lots of damage really fast, and your unkillable pendulum monsters that can special summon themselves back over and over to effectively form a wall (and make you go +) will be detrimental for them. If you can out grind them, you'll annoy them. But that's just how you don't lose to them. You also need a win condition, ie, to be able to run over / deal with their monsters.

Being untargetable works both ways in this matchup. If they summon forerunner or dark destroyer, WHAT will you do with a bunch of extremely weak monsters and spells / traps that need you to be able to target the opposing monster? Can you out a forerunner / dark destroyer outside of crashing with it with a conditional acid golemn play?

Not only dark destroyer and forerunner are the problem. Sliprider will shred your pendulum scales and lock you out of pendulum summoning if you don't plan ahead well enough.

I won't do much thinking for you, but I will say Imperial Iron Wall hurts them a lot more than it hurts you, as well as obviously Light Imprisoning Mirror.

Performapal Performages: The deck is quite fast, possibly faster than you will be on your first turn. Unless you can get 2 monster out with 2 magespecter disruptive cards, their first turn could turn into a horrible situation for you. They grind in a more aggressive way than your deck does and can Xyz summon more advantageously (because of naturally being home to trick clown, they can search it while you can't as much). They can also and likely will make infinity when they can and can OTK you through Trapeze Magician whom they can spam harder and use easier than you can. In short, they grind, but its easier for them to do damage while +sing off of it wherease your deck focuses on disruption and sacrifices damage output (the weak stats of magespecters). It seems sort of like they might be your deck's antithesis.

Also, this deck runs Wavering Eyes, which can all but destroy you if it hits you when you're least prepared. That card is a potential +3 for them if they get all the effects off. And since both decks will be pendulum decks, its not very unlikely. If you go first and manage to set Tempest, you can disuade them and control them from there, but if they get the jump on you, you might have a tough time. Might.

Running cards to destroy your opponents' pendulum zone is a good idea. You have spell shattering arrow, fairy wind, and wavering eyes to chose from. Chose wisely. Also, a way to punish field swarming or attacking (like bottomless or mirror force) might help against a pendulum deck other than magespecters~

Odd-Eyes Magicians: This deck can OTK and it can do the whole unfair pendulum summoning of Apex Avian over and over AND make Odd-Eyes Vortex Dragon. To boot, its also scarily consistent. The only thing they can't search in some way is Apex Avian. The deck also has a built-in way of protecting its pendulum zones from destructive effects. Finally, Xiangke magician can make Rebelion Dragon come out of nowhere, all they need to do is Xyz summon Absolute Dragon and use Xianke on it and BAM 9k to the face if you're not ready. It that wasn't bad enough, the deck also has a searchable pendulum monster with an effect that allows it to turn any pendulum monster into MST from the hand. Your first turn will have to end with at least 2 usable backrow set to have hope of surviving. Not winning. surviving.

The downside to this deck is that if you negate their pendulum summon you negate their turn unless they have Odd-Eyes Fusion or Soul Charge to back it up. All of their monsters are vulnerable, save for when Apex Avian or Vortex Dragon are out. For this match you might want breakthrough skill. Trying to destroy their pendulum scales is probably not going to be worth it because of Pendulum Call and their field spell.

Mirror Match: Have you played a majespecter mirror match, or even seen one? Their spells and traps are useless against each other outside of using Tempest to negate their pendulum summon. Wavering eyes is going to be phenomenal in this matchup, but Tornado and Cyclone might need to come out in favor of things that can actually do something to magespecters.

Cards to watch out for: Mistake, Rivalry of the Warlords, Vanity's Ruler, Zombie World, Mask of Restrict, Anti-Spell Fragrance, and Stygian Dirge (Infernoids and Kozmo might start siding it, Infernoid is another deck to look out for by the way since they can OTK easily). Can you deal with any and all of those cards somehow? If not, you have a problem to solve.

Practice and Testing make perfect
Hope I helped a little. Try to side cards that hurt the decks you want to beat but don't hurt you as much as it hurts them! Side decks need testing and tweeking just like main decks do. After you make your first side deck, TEST IT! Test it in matches to make sure that it works. You want just enough focus for the side deck to do what you want it to do as well as enough variety so that you never run into a situation where you're up against a deck that's a problem and have nothing to side against it. The only way you can know that you've accomplished that is to test the side deck.

After you give that a try, post your side deck list or add it to the original post and people will be able to REALLY help you then by letting you know what cards seem sub par and what cards you have too many or too few of and over all give better opinions ^^
Zenjirou
Zenjirou

Back to top Go down

Post by KungFun Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:00 pm

Okay just give a side deck to work off at least please and if I do not like cards I will change them ok and thx for that.

KungFun

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenjirou Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:27 pm

Bottomless Trap Hole
Torrential Tribute
Solemn Scolding
Solemn Scolding
Fiendish Chain
Fiendish Chain
Mirror Force
Mirror Force
Wavering Eyes
Wavering Eyes
Imperial Iron Wall
Imperial Iron Wall
Flying "C"
Flying "C"
Dark Hole (Forerunner / Dark Destroyer out + an extra mass removal when needed)

Try that as a starting place~
Zenjirou
Zenjirou

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenjirou Fri Nov 13, 2015 7:05 pm

I meant Solemn Notice, not Solemn Scolding xD
Zenjirou
Zenjirou