Legacy Invaders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Making Reptilliannes more playable. Ideas?

3 posters

Go down

Making Reptilliannes more playable. Ideas? Empty Making Reptilliannes more playable. Ideas?

Post by Zenjirou Sun Oct 11, 2015 9:41 pm

As a rogue deck player and a lover of monsters with a monster girl theme to them (Lamias, Harpies, Amazons, Arachnids, Fairies / Angels, Alraunes, Vampires etc) I always made sure to keep a fun deck of all that Yugioh had to offer. Back before Xyz Summoning, Reptilliannes were somewhat viable because the game wasn't quite as fast. And then there was the time when Vaskii was sided against elemental dragons because it was a 1 card out to Dracossack. They are a slow defensive deck with strategy that generates no immediate advantage (reducing a monster's attack to 0 doesn't get rid of said monster).

But I don't think the deck is quite as dead as say Guardians or Cyber Dancers. For some time they saw play using cards like Scapegoat alongside Creature Swap and Enemy Controller to play disruptive control games that consisted of either stealing a powerful monster or making its attack 0 and tributing or syncing with it. They also could use Destiny Hero - Plasma due to Scapegoat, granting considerable control over the board. They are reptiles so they had access to the only other card like Icarus Attack, Offering to the snake deity. And Vaskii makes for a decent main deck boss monster.

They entered the game with one of the least threatening mechanics in the game but over time have proven able to adapt by borrowing other cards and using them to their advantage. Any ideas or examples of currently successful Reptillianne decks? What should the deck focus on the compete? They seem well geared to be a control deck. I feel like at the very least they can tango all around a tier 3 deck buy maybe come just short of a tier 2 deck. I've always had dreams about them turning the likes of Trishula to stone and watching him crumble to dust before them.

Think of i as a fun challenge. Can they take on the meta, and if so, how? Very Happy

Making Reptilliannes more playable. Ideas? Hqdefault
Zenjirou
Zenjirou
[Staff General - Info and Tech]

https://ntdm.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Making Reptilliannes more playable. Ideas? Empty Re: Making Reptilliannes more playable. Ideas?

Post by PacIsSexyAf/Pacisback Sun Oct 25, 2015 5:13 pm

I think they are too old.
PacIsSexyAf/Pacisback
PacIsSexyAf/Pacisback

Back to top Go down

Making Reptilliannes more playable. Ideas? Empty Re: Making Reptilliannes more playable. Ideas?

Post by Zenjirou Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:35 pm

Yeah they are. They are definitly a slower deck, even for their time. and with the power creep of the meta they seem even slower, but I still havn't given up on them. I'll post a deck prof that's been halfway functional c:
Zenjirou
Zenjirou

https://ntdm.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by NovaInfinity Tue Oct 27, 2015 5:18 pm

have you seen yugioh4realmen's reptillianne x mecha phantom beast deck? idk how viable it is now, but it's hilariously good.
NovaInfinity
NovaInfinity
{Private}

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down